Search This Blog

4.01.2012

Ordinary Daily Tasks

Keep Nice...
Words my OCD husband uses on a daily basis to reinforce my "Daily Tasks" of meditation. It takes huge efforts for me to put things back where they belong, keep things neat and ordered, as well as make the bed, wash dishes and put them away, and even polish the sink daily along with cleaning the counters. Sounds like a lot - but these are the things that glued my mind back together. You know the "before mind" that thought the only life was outside the home, and always wanted a maid to do all my cleaning. Well, truthfully it's still my wish!

I imagined that brushing my teeth or putting on makeup as a time to reflect & pray, while looking at me with care and gentleness. It worked for me during the worst down days, when all seemed dark and gloomy. These daily tasks actually brought me back in touch literally to the world of homemaking and sense of self.

~~
LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS with clairty. 
Subscribe today! Choose Clarity

No comments: